cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX5.2/TouchGFX4.10.0/STCUBEIDE1.0 or SW4STM32 or TrueAtollic working properly with 32F746NGDiscovery

KMunj
Associate II

Has anyone got CubeMX5.2/TouchGFX4.10.0/STCUBEIDE1.0 or SW4STM32 or TrueAtollic working properly with any Discovery board? I mean be able to build with no errors and ​run it on any Discovery board? I had it working with CubeMX4.xx/TouchGFX4.10.0/SW4STM32. But when I  updated CubeMX4.xx to 5.2, I get build errors. I tried the procedure put by Zhi Pang on the community, but it doesn't work anymore. I get build errors.

If you have it working please send me some info on how you did it.

Thanks

Kiran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi guys,

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000At0N95SQE/cubeide-100-touchgfx-4100-working-project-inside-stm32f746gdisco

There's a working STM32F746G-DISCO project for your inspection. I will proceed with making a video tutorial now. It's a bit of a cumbersome process but i'll investigate how lenient i can be with official guidelines in order to get it out sooner 🙂

/Martin

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @KMunj​,

There are some quirks to work out, but it should be possible to, with a little bit of effort, make TouchGFX run on a disco board with a parallel RGB screen. e.g. STM32F746G-DISCO.

Can you tell me how far you got? I will write a sticky with some of the initial issues we've identified here re: TouchGFX/CubeIDE integration.

/Martin

KMunj
Associate II

​Thanks Martin for responding.

I am using 32F746Discovery Board as per your recommendation. Unfortunately I can't make much progress. I get errors immediately.

I open IDE and select 32F746Discovery. I keep all the defaults and name the project and open. Then I select graphics and select TouchGFX. I make sure every thing in that window is correct. (Attached -2). Then I do "Clean Build" and "Build". I get 4 errors. (Attached -3). So I do "Clean Build" and do "Execute" TouchGFX. It gets started and gives error "Error during code generation" (Attached -4). Then I tried to build the code, but IDE gets hung up.

Next time around, I did "Execute" 1st before and clean/build. But TouchGFX give same error "Error during code generation". I also selected C++ instead of C as Targeted language, but no matter I can't get rid of "Error during code generation" on TouchGFX.

If you need additional, info please let me know.

Thanks

Kiran

KMunj
Associate II

​Looks like I can do only one attachment.

Here is -2.

KMunj
Associate II

​Here is -3.

Thanks

Kiran

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @KMunj​,

I created a sticky that should help you through creating a CubeIDE/TouchGFX project. Some of the issues you're having here are addressed there, i believe. Try it out and let me know, okay?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Martin

KMunj
Associate II

​Thanks, Martin. I would like to try this sticky. But where can I find it. I searched under your name on the Community but couldn't find it. I tried to google it too. But no luck.

Please provide the link to this sticky for creating a CubeIDE/TouchGFX project.

Thanks.

Kiran

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

At the top of the TouchGFX subforum (this forum). Here's the direct link.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AqD8zPSQS/stm32cubeide-and-touchgfx-4100-a-brief-introduction

Hope it helps!

/Martin

KMunj
Associate II

​Thanks, Martin.

I don't know how to do #7. Is there any sticky for following how to do this?

1. The library settings are wrong. Include the touchgfx library in MCU G++ Linker\Libraries:
    1. Libraries (-I): touchgfx-float-abi-hard
    2. Libraries search path (-L): \Middlewares\ST\TouchGFX\touchgfx\lib\core\cortex_mx\gcc\

Thanks.

-Kiran

Hi @KMunj​,

I'll update the description to be more concise - Here's a few screenshots of how to do this:

0690X000008wHlVQAU.png0690X000008wHlQQAU.png