cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX / TouchGFX STM32F469I-DISCO USART6 code generation glitch

GFrid.2
Associate II

The immediate problem of no MX_ USART code was solved by the checkbox 'Generate peripheral initialization as separate .c/.h files' (image attached). The code would not generate without this checkbox: Is this a CubeMX bug?

The main underlying issue for most of my problems was a combination of incorrect tools and/or project initialization, caused by the combination of HTTP connectivity issues while trying to download software packs, and by the fact that the video tutorial that I used did not contain complete information. At this time I believe the problem was equally mine, but I do not understand why the USART6 MX code would not generate without individual peripheral files.

I need to add UART to communicate to F469 Discovery board. Discovery application was generated in TouchGFX. Trying to use STMCubeIDE to add the USART6 as wired to CN12. The MX pinout reports the peripheral is configured correctly (see attached pic), but no USART6 code gets generated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
GFrid.2
Associate II

Now that CubeMX 6.3.0 generates UART code, the remaining answers are in UM1725 (STM32F4 HAL User Manual).

I was trying to use the L4 HAL.

F4 just doesn't work that way 🙂