cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX + TouchGFX code generation problem

CommanderCloud
Associate

Hello!

First, some information. The board that I am using is a custom board with an STM32U599VJT6. It is supposed to interface an RGB666 480x480 display with parallel interface and a Sitronix ST7701S (I have correct initialization code). I am currently trying to use CubeIDE 1.16, MX 6.12 and TouchGFX 4.24. I use Debian for STMCubeIDE and TouchGFX Designer in a Windows virtual machine.

The first problem: I have configured a project close to what the STM32U5A9 Disco board is generated with upon project creation in TouchGFX Designer, following the tutorial by embryonic.dk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRQD8JMeg_k). The code that is generated by the CubeMX for the hardware configuration compiles fine. When I try to add the TouchGFX (and the FreeRTOS) in the CubeMX, the code can no longer compile. (Error message in file "Error1" below). When I try to import the project in TouchGFX Designer, add a test image and generate code there, the errors increase. (File "Error2"). The MX file ("Attempt3") is also below, as a text file.

Another problem is that *sometimes* after generating code with either MX or TouchGFX, the 'touchgfx_components' file under Middlewares/ST gets removed, which shouldn't happen and is quite annoying. It usually doesn't remove the include path, but I've had that happen as well. I cannot think of a way to be able to consistently reproduce this.

Kind regards, Cloud.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LouisB
ST Employee

Hello @CommanderCloud ,

Your problem seems to be related to the linkage in your compiler (CubeIDE), this solved thread might be a solution Solved: Re: Cannot build project with CubeIDE (undefined r... - STMicroelectronics Community.

BR,

Louis BOUDO
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Techn
Senior II

Is your project c or c++? when mixing c and c++ there will be some issues.

CommanderCloud
Associate

I have tried creating projects with both. It doesn't seem to matter; same errors. The generated code is a mix both.

LouisB
ST Employee

Hello @CommanderCloud ,

Your problem seems to be related to the linkage in your compiler (CubeIDE), this solved thread might be a solution Solved: Re: Cannot build project with CubeIDE (undefined r... - STMicroelectronics Community.

BR,

Louis BOUDO
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX