cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct pin for LCD_TE_PIN on STM32412G-DISCOVERY. Is it GPIO_PIN_3 (as in stm32cube source code) or GPIO_PIN_4 (as in datasheet)

JSupc.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am studying the STM32412G-DISCOVERY and I can't explain why, in line 153 of the file /Drivers/BSP/STM32412G-Discovery/stm32412g_discovery_lcd.h (https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4), it says that the LCD_TE_PIN is GPIO_PIN_3. In the documentation (pages 26 and in the schematics), it always says that LCD_TE is PG4. As far as I understand, this pin is not really used in the code, but I find it confusing.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

[And by the way, do you know why the directory for this board is STM32412G-Discovery and not STM32F412G-Discovery (with the F)? The other boards have all the "F" (STM32F401-Discovery, STM32F429I-Discovery, ...]

Best regards,

-- Jacques

6 REPLIES 6

I see what you mean, I think the PG3 is a miss-read of the schematic, and it is PG4

Surely you can confirm the actual wiring/connectivity, and observe the periodicity of the TE signal, via looking at the PG3 and PG4 as visible within the STM32

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JSupc.1
Associate II

Thank you very much for your reply. I will make some experiments to confirm that the signal is really on PG4. If so, should I make a pull request to the git repository?

That might be the most effective way to get the issue in front of someone.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Mike_ST
ST Employee

It seems like the LCD_TE was on PG3 in the first design, and changed to PG4. But the lcd.h file has not been updated since...

A ticket has been entered.

ChahinezC
Lead

Internal ticket number: 111673 (PS: This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers)

Chahinez.

JSupc.1
Associate II

Thank you very much. I am pleased to be able to contribute to the quality of the software in this way.