cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Raspberry Pi 7'' Touch Display to STM32F769I-DISCO board?

Sergius Reger
Associate
Posted on October 02, 2017 at 23:58

Hello,

I'm trying to connect the Raspberry Pi 7 'Displays through the B-LCDAD-RPI1 adapter to the STM32F769I-DISKO BOARD.

Do you have an example of a project?

#stm32f769i-disco #b-lcdad-rpi1 #dsi #7 #raspberry"
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @TJast​ ,

It is good to hear that you have partially succeeded. I want to know how you're doing it. Please share the details, It would be very helpful for me

1. Which base board(controller and communication interface) are you using to control this display
  2. How did you achieve this "communicate with ICN6211 and put in in test mode, display control screen, receive touch data"
  3. How exactly are you using MIPI parallel interface.
  4. Are you still using Raspberry Pi 7'' Touch Display
  5. I want to use STM32F769-Disco board with TouchGFX framework on any 7" Touch Display. Do you have any suggestions? I want to use TouchGFX on any 7" touch Screen.

Thanks in advance!

TDJ
Senior III

@Karan Kolhe​ MIPI parallel interface (LTDC) is well documented. OTM8009a is not a problem, that is also well documented.

However, that is not a typical RPI display - and that is problematic due to lack of documentation and protection techniques used.

How I got it partially working? I took DF Robot DFR0550 display, desoldered STM32F103 chip, connected I2C lines directly (green and blue wires) and voila!

I also had to hard-enable step-up voltage converter (yellow wire), red wire was not needed - it connects the VDD track I broke for test drilling a hole next to display connector.

This Linux driver looks promising. Any success yet?

0693W00000D0BGwQAN.jpg

Richard Lowe
Senior III

I would love to hear any progress on this. Also trying to use a similar 5" DSI Capacitive screen to a U5 through the B-LCDAD-RPI1 adapter.

Where would be a good starting point for something like this? Any direction from ST on this?