cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code execution can't continue because libjpeg-8.dll was not found

GMeur
Senior

Hello,

I upgraded my project from version 4.16.1 to 4.21.1, and after re-generating the project in the touchgfx editor and copying all libjpeg files (includes and libs) from a demo project that uses a video in the folder Middlewares\ST\TouchGFX\touchgfx\3rdparty\libjpeg, and after adding all required paths in VS for the project to link correctly, I got this error when I run the project in VS : Code execution can't continue because libjpeg-8.dll was not found. This problem can be solved by reinstalling the software (which software are they talking about?!)

The libjpeg-8.dll file however is in the lib directory, next to the .libjpeg-8.a and libjpeg-8.lib

Any help would be more than welcomed as I've no idea how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello GMeur,

Does your application run on simulator when you press F5 in TouchGFX Designer.

Have you checked if the paths for this lib are correct in the makefile and in the target file ?

(MyApplication\TouchGFX\generated\simulator\gcc\Makefile and MyApplication\TouchGFX\generated\simulator\msvs\touchgfx_prebuild.targets)

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

I suppose you are not using STM32CubeMX since you are manually copy pasting the middleware folder? You run the project in VS with gcc/ a makefile (not accustomed to that way of working sorry)?

/Romain