cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Touchgfx 4.18.1 Designer

DPutr.1
Associate II

Hello, I have trouble cannot open apps Touchgfx 4.18.1 Designer in Windows. Any Solution? Thanks you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @DPutr.1,

It's not difficult to upgrade your version project. You just need to open it in a higher version of TouchGFX and regenerate code from it. If it's a TBS, you also need to open the .ioc file of your project and regenerate code on STM32CubeMX. 

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @DPutr.1 ,

Could you send us the log file located at the path mentioned in the error message please?
Also, we would recommend you to use 4.22.0 version of TouchGFX that we released yesterday 🙂 It's much more stable, and complete solution than the 4.18.1. Take a look at this post.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
DPutr.1
Associate II

Hello Osman,

I am attaching the log. is it difficult to convert from 4.18.1 to 4.22.0?

DPutr.1
Associate II

previously it worked , yesterday I was in debug mode to see the program run . suddenly my laptop blue screen and restart again. when I use it again it looks like this (I attached the view to stm32cubeide) and the touchgfx and apps files can't be used. any suggestions?can it be fixed?

Hello @DPutr.1,

It's not difficult to upgrade your version project. You just need to open it in a higher version of TouchGFX and regenerate code from it. If it's a TBS, you also need to open the .ioc file of your project and regenerate code on STM32CubeMX. 

Osman SOYKURT

I don't know what happened here, but it seems that the upgrade didn't complete properly. You can maybe try to revert your project to its original version if you version controlled it and try to upgrade again. Else, you could open the touchgfx file with a text editor and manually type the touchgfx version in it (last 3 lines of the file).

Osman SOYKURT