cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open .ioc file in STM32CubeIDE

Alaa
Associate II

Hi,

I created a project for STM32F769I EVAL in TouchGFX, opened the project in STM32CubeIDE, but the IDE can't open the .ioc file:

Plug-in com.st.stm32cube.common.mx was unable to load class com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.editor.CubeMxEditor.

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in com.st.stm32cube.common.mx was unable to load class com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.editor.CubeMxEditor.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.editor.CubeMxEditor cannot be found by com.st.stm32cube.common.mx_6.1.0.202011121557

Note that the file opens successfully in CubeMX. So I tried opening it in CubeMX and re-generating the code for STM32CubeIDE, but I'm still having the same problem.

STM32CubeIDE Version 1.5.0.

.ioc file attached.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ ,

Thanks for your reply. Updating the CubeMX plugin via Help > Install New Software solved the problem.

For anyone else having this problem, remove the checkbox "Hide items that are already installed", choose "All available sites", and search for stm32cubemx. Let it try to install and fail, then it will ask you whether you want to upgrade, choose yes and you're good to go.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

Thanks for your post,

I'll check it then I'll get back to you.

Khouloud

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi again @Community member​ ,

Could you please switch to the latest CubeMX/IDE versions and check again, I cannot reproduce the issue.

Thanks, Khouloud

Hi @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ ,

Thanks for your reply. Updating the CubeMX plugin via Help > Install New Software solved the problem.

For anyone else having this problem, remove the checkbox "Hide items that are already installed", choose "All available sites", and search for stm32cubemx. Let it try to install and fail, then it will ask you whether you want to upgrade, choose yes and you're good to go.