cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't display TouchGFX graphics

NKieg.1
Associate III

Hello everyone. I am currently working with an STM32F469I-Discovery Board.

I created my project using the STM32CubeIDE board selector and made my layout using TouchGFX. Both softwares communicate as it should and I can generate code from one software and see the changes in the other one. I successfully added a task to FreeRTOS so I know I can correctly program the board and that it is working. I also tested an example showing me that the screen is working as it should too.

Now comes my problem. I am completely unable to display anything on the screen that has been created using TouchGFX and STM32CubeIDE. I configure the LTDC as well as the DSI in all imaginable configurations and nothing is working.

I was expecting it to be rather straight forward, without barely touching anything:

• create the project in STM32CubeIDE (screen and communication configured by the IDE),
  • modify the TouchGFX file to look as I want,
  • generate the code,
  • built and debug the code in STM32CubeIDE,
  • the display shows up.

Do I need to check anything else? I was thinking of maybe a faulty GUI task or something like that. I have attached my code so you may be able to run it on your own STM32F469I-Disco and check if I missed something obvious.

11 REPLIES 11

So when I do that I can successfully flash the board with the screen I designed in TouchGFX from CubeIDE. However, I am unable to see the same integration as I previously had with TouchGFX inside CubeMX (I can't directly open the TouchGFX project by clicking on it inside CubeIDE). Also, files are imported from TouchGFX which means that I can't create a new file such as a new source or header files inside CubeIDE. Is there any workaround? Or something I did bad?

As i write in first response When you need quick start on discovery board.

But i mean you can create new files and use it . Try in new thread show what dont work.

Too you can directly open touch, one step you need add .touchgfx file to project...