cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can somebody help me with the integration of STCubeIDE and TouchGFX ?

Dlinky
Associate II

I desperatly try to configure these applications in order to display 2 buttons on the TFT LCD of my STM32F429I-DISC1 board.

Precisely, I'd like to know:

1. If using STMCubeMX is required?
  2. How to transfer the TouchGFX layout code into STCubeIDE (I can do an import but then the .ioc file is missing)?
  3. I almost succeded by renaming the TouchGFX files before importing them into CubeMX (I replaced the default board name with my project's name). Then I compiled with no errors but once I added two GPIO, the new compilation yields 5 errors (mostly related to TouchGFX HAL).

What is wrong with all that??? Is there a workflow of some kind to solve my issue?

I appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MM..1
Chief II

I understand , that you ask for project created in TGFX. Not all have it, but search for folder IDE and in .project file ... doubleclick open in IDE. (in TGFX prepared examples have more versions try search in older if latest dont have)

Same for examples not all have ioc files. Simply can say projects in TGFX is for learning, not for project create.

Normal steps is:

1. In MX or IDE start new empty STM project, choice MCU or board
  2. In generated project add TGFX software package
  3. Open template in project and create GUI
  4. Add to core src all code ... BSP drivers , user code
  5. ...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

I understand , that you ask for project created in TGFX. Not all have it, but search for folder IDE and in .project file ... doubleclick open in IDE. (in TGFX prepared examples have more versions try search in older if latest dont have)

Same for examples not all have ioc files. Simply can say projects in TGFX is for learning, not for project create.

Normal steps is:

1. In MX or IDE start new empty STM project, choice MCU or board
  2. In generated project add TGFX software package
  3. Open template in project and create GUI
  4. Add to core src all code ... BSP drivers , user code
  5. ...
Dlinky
Associate II

Great! I still have two questions:

1. When creating the project, should I select "Targeted Language: C or C++" (I read somewhere that it is better to select C++)?
  2. Also, during the project setup, should I answer "No" to the question "Initialize all peripherals to their default Mode"?

Thanks again for your help.

1 C++

2 based on your project