cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At TouchGfx documentation, chapter "TouchGfx on Low Cost Hardware", It's specified an SPI connection of 32MHz between STM32G0 uC and ILI9341V display controller. I cannot find in ILI9341V datasheet how to achieve that speed in SPI modes of the controller.

IVill.1
Associate II

Datasheet specify a minimun serail clock for writing of 100ns. For sure I'm missing something because you have examples availables. Can you help in regards ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IVill.1
Associate II

Without having got into deeper detail in Touchgfx libraries functionality, I'd expect limitations in terms of synchronization between SPI Flash reading and display refreshing rate, also impacting the capability of applying some effects on the image before sending it to display.

Anyway. I'm just evaluating the package for this kind of low cost solutions and I suppose I'll be able to later identify the bottlenecks, that are mostly application dependent.

Many thanks,

Ignasi Villagrasa

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, the data sheet of the ILI9341V actually specifies a minimum clock period of 100ns, which corresponds to a maximum of 10MHz. We have found the device runs much faster, so 32MHz has been choosen.

Of course, you have the option to be conservative i.e. stay within the limits of the datasheet values and run SPI at 10MHz only.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
IVill.1
Associate II

Thanks for answering at first.

Based on your answer, I have an additional question,

have you tested or can you foresee the behaviour of the demo when slowering communication between uC and display ?

What kind of limitations could be found ? (always regarding to your demo)

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, I haven't tested it yet, but I expect some slow down of the demo.

Limitations in comparison to what?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
IVill.1
Associate II

Without having got into deeper detail in Touchgfx libraries functionality, I'd expect limitations in terms of synchronization between SPI Flash reading and display refreshing rate, also impacting the capability of applying some effects on the image before sending it to display.

Anyway. I'm just evaluating the package for this kind of low cost solutions and I suppose I'll be able to later identify the bottlenecks, that are mostly application dependent.

Many thanks,

Ignasi Villagrasa