cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a rotating knob ?

LalalandAudio
Associate II

Can I add a rotating knob ? If so , how ? Would it be possible to load a filmstrip ?

I use that for VST plugins although I see no widgets for that ?

Maybe the circle progress , somehow ?

19 REPLIES 19

Questions are great 🙂 Yes you can display a waveform - Not through the designer but there's a graph demo somewhere in this forum, try searching for it. There's no integration with third party tools like audio weaver. You'd have to convert into data that you can feed to a graph widget

/Martin

In 4.10.0 the texture mapper is supplied only in code. It's supported through the designer internally in the upcoming release.

The animation example rotates freely since it uses x,y and z as rotation parameters. If you lock a few of those you can rotate along one plane only =)

The AnimationTexturemapper is just a specialization of TextureMapper with support for providing callbacks when an animation is done and handleTickEvent() to drive the animation,.

What handleTickEvent() does for the animation is to calculate new x,y,z rotation values, update the parameters of the mapping and effectuate it. You'll do this by hand when calculating how to rotate your knob.

Actually, we already have a demo that has your knob. Try "demo2" and go to the "External hardware" view. It auto updates, but you have the code there and can play around with reacting to touch events instead.

/Martin

I don't understand what you wrote here. What glitch? When what is plugged in? What setup? 🙂

As for the rotation , will look into that .

Will just mention that for example when I am making VST plugins , I can load a filmstrip/sprites of a knob, essentially 128 pics.

That way the shadow and glare/reflections can change according to rotation making it much more "realistic".

Not really a problem with sliders as I can have one indicator pic with shadow and move the whole thing, sufficient.

I dont know if you want to look into implementing something like that :squinting_face_with_tongue:

Glitch.

Sorry , should be more clear =)

I have the board either powered via uSb to PC or just a USB power brick.

I have my own graphics loaded, background, slider , switch.

When It comes on there is a very brief graphic flicker. (Little blocks of graphic . 1/4 second or so.

I obviously have a lot to learn !

P:S would be nice to be able to designate a startup screen as well as a screensaver based on non activity for a certain amount of time.

Thanks for your time Martin.

LalalandAudio
Associate II

Is there anything I can read to understand how to make TouchGFX , control other functions of the stm board ?

I have a clue how to control external devices , but no idea on how to control say an object ID from Audioweaver or any other functions available on the STM board.

TouchGFX cannot control anything, you could say - But you'll find a sticky in this subforum that explains how to integrate UI and Hardware, Articles, examples, and a video of me explaining how things fit together - Interacting with hardware from the GUI task, and reading hardware inputs from other tasks and presenting those values in the gui.

Let me know

/Martin

Hey here,

I've made a couple of videos on how to interact with hardware and the gui. maybe they can be of help as well 🙂

how to update the gui from another task - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=majcfxr3u2E

how to update another task from the gui - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYdyJBehcYY

Thanks !

Thanks Martin , will have a look 🙂

Thanks for your contribution, @HP​ - I'll add them to the sticky about hardware integration a long with the video i made for the webinar on hardware integration 🙂

/Martin