cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.12.3 incorrect font generation compared to 4.10? Flash usage increased by 400kB

John Devereux
Associate II

Hi

There seems to be something wrong with font compilation on my system after updating from 4.10 to 4.12.3. The flash usage of my project has ballooned by 400kB more now. I have traced this to the font generator. This is now including a lot of spurious characters that are not used as far as I can tell.

The .txt files in generated/fonts seem to have the required subset of glyphs listed. But the .cpp files include a lot of strange extra code points like 0xE000-0xE14A ("private use" range). And U+0915..U+0963 ("Devanagari").

This is when generating code from Designer which looks like it calls

make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j10

to generate the assets?

I tried one of the stock projects and this does seem to work OK.

Windows 10 is set to English/United Kingdom.

Any ideas?

thanks

John

13 REPLIES 13

Which language are you trying to generate for? Based on the language, TouchGFX might not be able to properly detect which glyphs to generate. E.g if texts are not static and there are specific rules governing a certain language, like Arabic, for instance.

Only english is implemented at the moment. The Wildcard characters are ()/ and the Wildcard Ranges is 0-9,A-Z,a-z. But I also tried without these wildcards.

Okay, then it should be an open and shut case - Can you send this font to me and i'll try? Sorry if i asked this already 🙂 Too much going on.

/Martin

Yes, you'll find the font attached.

Marco