Did you mean: 

3 bugs

TDJ
Senior III

1. TouchGFX Designer looks for ST-Link utility in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32 ST-LINK Utility\ST-LINK Utility

while recent ST-Link version gets installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\STM32 ST-LINK Utility\ST-LINK Utility

and different folder selection during installation is not even an option.

2. Slider control has a bug, handle leaves a trace while moved - both in emulator and on STM32F769i-DISCO. See screenshot.

3. Change Screen interaction action does not seem to always work. Controls from another screen appear but controls from the previous screen do not slide out - for example. In emulator it works OK, on STM32F769i-DISCO it does not.

It is great product, just little buggy.

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @TJast​,

The entire screen will slide out. The application you sent me had no background box for the settings screen. VS2019 will be there for the next release 4.12.0. It is difficult to have a roadmap for this product because it is driven by user requirements and needs - We may help a large customer with some feature that will end up in the framework because it's a great idea to have.

But Re software quality - I don't disagree with you here. We're trying to change things - starting with the TouchGFX/CubeMX integration. I'll pass on your message.

Best regards,

Martin

TDJ
Senior III

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​, my point was Box control is a control with dimensions and position, rather than screen property.

So, it is reasonable (and intuitive) to expect it to slide out just like other controls do when 'change screen' is triggered.

Arguably, adding screen background property might be a good design choice but still, typically after the transition to the next screen no previous screen controls or properties are expected to be visible. Anyway, that is just my 3 cents.

Regarding the roadmap: he purpose of typical product roadmap to highlight features in development, in design and in vision - which may or may not materialize.

Regarding the quality: my experience as product manager is that often this last mile 10-20% additional effort to iron out wrinkles, perform end-user testing, fix corners cut can make HUDGE impact on the final result - product quality and customer satisfaction.

Speaking of features: is horizontal/vertical screen orientation a feature considered for the upcoming release? Having access to the product roadmap I would not have to ask.

Best,

Tomasz

Hi @TJast​,

What happens when you change screen using a slide transition is that the entire screen will get copied to a different buffer which is moved with DMA2D (hardware). So anything that was on that screen is going to get moved, without exception.

Screen orientations are supported - Not 180 degrees since that is usually something you can configure in hardware. Please take a look at the following: https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203563972-Display-Orientation

I'll take your suggestion about visualizing roadmaps to the product owner. Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards,

Martin

Here's a list of three impactful things that are in the upcoming release - I may try to update some sticky with upcoming features. We will probably not be doing long term roadmaps, only short term.

• Cacheable Container: An optimization that allows you to have a container render itself by use of a snapshot (stored in the bitmap cache, so it uses extra memory). One usage is if you have a container that will take a lot of time to render but is infrequently updated, like for example an analog clock with 3 hands that are drawn by TextureMappers. If you want to move this analog clock or want to move objects on top of it partially covering it, then it will force a partial/complete redraw of the analog clock. In this case you can boost the performance by using a cacheable container since it is the cached image that is being redrawn.
  • Partial Framebuffer: For displays that have their own framebuffer you can configure a small framebuffer in internal RAM that will be used to transfer your screen in small blocks. This means you can avoid having external ram, but will suffer a bit on performance.
  • Extended Language Support – like Thai, Hindi, Burmese

/Martin

TDJ
Senior III

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Perhaps the last thing for this thread: MSVC tools.

Versions available in VS 2019 installer are: v140 (2015), v141 (2017) and v142 (2019).

I think v100 is considered 'legacy' so probably it would make more sense to use v140 as default.

Albeit obviously I am not an expert.

Best,

Tomasz

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Tomasz,

No problem! The project is v100 because it's the lowest common demoninator, and fortunately, whenever you open a project in a later version you're prompted to upgrade the toolset. If we made it v140 then it would be the same issue for people with newer versions. and we don't want to make projects for every specific version.

Some still use legacy compilers like v100 - Certain companies can take a long time to switch compiler.

Hope that answers your concern.

Best regards,

Martin

My point was v100 no longer appears to be the common denominator.

Who uses VS 2010 anymore? - besides 'certain companies', of course.

And those who still use VS 2010 probably have been around long enough so they do not need TouchGFX.

Anyway, it is just my guess. Probably you have exact telemetric usage data and I am completely wrong.

Best,

Tomasz