cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What could cause the crypto processor to freeze on STM32H750VB?

URodi.1
Associate

We are using STM32H750VBT6 rev V and have encounter boards with mcus that freezes when we try to use the CRYP.  So far we have seen that on failing boards the crypto registers are zeroed immediately after initialization but on a functional board there are non-zero content.

What could cause this behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Dear All,

Here the official statement as provided in this discussion: few Lots at specific factory where date code is from 2020 Week 22 to 2020 Week 47 got cryptographic feature disabled. 022 to 047 may be impacted.

This may be helpful for other customers facing similar issue and searching for answer.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Absence of crypto unit

Absence of clocking source for unit (issue with PLL, or HSI48, etc)

Check also HASH unit

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @URodi.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

Thank you for posting your issue.

I recommend you to contact your FAE as more detailed information may be needed which should not be posted in a public community.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

@URodi.1​  did you ever get a definitive answer on this?

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Dear All,

Here the official statement as provided in this discussion: few Lots at specific factory where date code is from 2020 Week 22 to 2020 Week 47 got cryptographic feature disabled. 022 to 047 may be impacted.

This may be helpful for other customers facing similar issue and searching for answer.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Amel NASRI can you check on 2021 Week 33 status. Thanks.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-security/aes-ecb-initialization-fails/td-p/614297

Hi @Tesla DeLorean ,

As confirmed by @STOne-32 in the other post, a check on 2021 date codes will be done & we will keep you informed as soon as we have details to share.

-Amel