cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TFM app

Istillaga
Associate III

Hello,

I would like to use the TFM application on STM32CubeIDE for the B-U585I-IOT02A board but I can't find the application anywhere. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guillaume K
ST Employee

The TFM application for B-U585I-IOT02A is in the STM32 Cube U5 package available on st.com web site.

STM32CubeU5 - STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32U5 series (HAL, Low-Layer APIs and CMSIS, USB, File system, RTOS, TF-M - coming with examples running on ST boards) - STMicroelectronics

click on "Download latest version", unzip the zip file, the project is under Projects\B-U585I-IOT02A\Applications\TFM

Also if you downloaded it in STM32CubeMX it is in your user directory under c:\users\username\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_U5_Vx.y.z

It is not present on ST's github (maybe due to some licensing problem ?)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Istillaga 

I think you are tooking about the TFM example available on the X-Cube-AWS.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @STTwo-32 ,

No, that's not the example I'm searching for. I am looking for the TFM application which is very similar to the SBSFU application.

Guillaume K
ST Employee

The TFM application for B-U585I-IOT02A is in the STM32 Cube U5 package available on st.com web site.

STM32CubeU5 - STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32U5 series (HAL, Low-Layer APIs and CMSIS, USB, File system, RTOS, TF-M - coming with examples running on ST boards) - STMicroelectronics

click on "Download latest version", unzip the zip file, the project is under Projects\B-U585I-IOT02A\Applications\TFM

Also if you downloaded it in STM32CubeMX it is in your user directory under c:\users\username\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_U5_Vx.y.z

It is not present on ST's github (maybe due to some licensing problem ?)

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @Istillaga ,

TFM example is in the STM32CubeU5 here:

STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.5.0\Projects\B-U585I-IOT02A\Applications\TFM\

It is not available in the GIT repo

Also be aware this is a quite old version of TFM : Version 1.3

TFM is not similar to SBSFU: TFM example includes SBSFU.

SBSFU is the secure boot

TFM example contains the same secure boot and provides the trusted firmware for Cortex-M implementation containing partition manager and different services such as secure storage and crypto.

When using SBSFU example only, the secure application is a very simple example of secure application. It is useful when you don't need the secure services provided by Trusted firmware for Cortex-M

Best regards

Jocelyn