Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U585 TF-M Application + Bootloader Debugging and Execution

PJose.4
Senior

Hi @ST Community 
Thanks for the support 

I'm working on the Package provided by ST, TF-M Application and Bootloader(TF-M Application and TF-M Bootloader) and have tested the working with the automatic script provided with the package(TFM_update.sh)(Reference Manual UM2851).
1. I wanted to know how can i do a step by step debug for the entire application(application + bootloader) or only the application. Please support me with any steps that are applicable to enable the same.

2. Can you please support on the sequence of the steps to manually run the total TF-M Application without using the script.
3. Could you please provide some sequence of steps to use the PSA Crypto API for crypto operations(i am going through the references provided in UM2851 and UM2852)

Thanks for the support

3 REPLIES 3
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @PJose.4,

I would suggest having a look to this video which explains how to debug the TFM.

You need to understand that TFM is launched by a secureboot. This means that secure part (TFM) and non secure part (application) need to be signed, otherwise the secureboot fails.

The scripts are used to download the signed binaries to the target.

After that, you setup a debug session that just attaches to the target, load the required symbols.

Regarding PSA API, the example application provides some examples but we don't provide any user guide for that. This is a standard API.

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hi Jocelyn,

Could you please guide us for where to find these script files mentioned in the screenshot attached below?

Thanks,

Nitin