cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U5 Differential Power Analysis (DPA) protection

Domenico
Associate III

Hi,

Where can I find how the protection against DPA attacks implemented in the STM32U585 microcontroller works?

I couldn't find anything in the datasheet and reference manual.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @Domenico​,

it's implemented in the SAES HW, so there are plenty of options to defend against DPA. Random noise, random delays, processing the sub-computations in different order or in parallel, XOR with mask which is later removed... There are lotsvof interesting choices.

However, the exact implementation is obviously secret.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Domenico​,

I added a couple of topics to your question: "STM32U5", "Cryptography" and "Security" to give a broader audience of this post and increase its chance to be reviewed by our experts.

Hi @JHOUD​,

Can you please help on this topic?

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @Domenico​,

it's implemented in the SAES HW, so there are plenty of options to defend against DPA. Random noise, random delays, processing the sub-computations in different order or in parallel, XOR with mask which is later removed... There are lotsvof interesting choices.

However, the exact implementation is obviously secret.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.