cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBSFU-Creating "1-Image" firmware for NUCLEO-L073RZ board

SVarg.1
Associate II

I am able to run "2-Image" sample application in NUCLEO-L073RZ board.

I would like to use "1-image" application due to memory restriction.

But example application for "1-image" is not provided for NUCLEO-L073RZ board.

Could you please let me know the changes that i should make to create "1-image" binary.

It will be helpful if any document available explaining the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Subin

4 REPLIES 4
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hello @SVarg.1​ ,

I recommend to take a look at the L432KC implementation. It's a similar SW architecture and it comes in both 1-image and 2-image variants. Just observe the differences there and it should be clear how to alter the L073 code. Also take a look at UM2262 and AN5056 for general guidance.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SVarg.1
Associate II

Hello @JHOUD​,

I use NUCLEO-L073RZ board which use dual bank memory mapping configuration,

In UM2262 revision 3 page 43, it is mentioned ". Single-image variant cannot be supported because on dual-bank Flash memory devices".

I checked UM2262 revision 9 document but it is not mentioned as above.

Could you please confirm whether 1-image variant can be supported in dual bank memory devices?

Thank you for your support

Regards,

Subin

Hello Subin,

dual-bank operation is no limitation, it's usage is optional, you can ignore the dual-bank capability if the 1-image application cannot benefit from it. And indeed, that was perhaps the original idea of the User manual author. It's indeed difficult to make the single image variant to benefit from it. But it's still possible to execute it.

Rgds,

Jarda

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Jarda,

Thank you for quick response.

So this means there is no restriction to create single image variant in dual-bank Flash memory device(NUCLEO-L073RZ board). ?

Regards,

Subin