cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBSFU 1 image example for STM32G474

p123
Associate II

Hi I want to ask that In SBSFU example for STM32G474 in user app application Firmware update is done using ymodem protocol i.e. UART can we used SPI protocol instead of this is this possible to use SPI or there is any limitation????? Please suggest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @p123​ ,

the UART protocol was chosen particularly because the Virtual COM port is readily available on the integrated ST-Link of all demo boards and no additional HW is necessary.

It is expected that each user of the SBSFU example will eventually replace it with whatever protocol is most suited for the user application. SPI or I2C were used by different customers in the past without problem.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @p123​ ,

the UART protocol was chosen particularly because the Virtual COM port is readily available on the integrated ST-Link of all demo boards and no additional HW is necessary.

It is expected that each user of the SBSFU example will eventually replace it with whatever protocol is most suited for the user application. SPI or I2C were used by different customers in the past without problem.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.