cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use the CLI to set the security read back in the option bits and also execute the start command?

Rholl.1
Associate

I would like to set the security fuse but also have the application start running. I can set the read protection but after that I can no longer communicate with the unit. Likewise I can start the application using the start command -s but after that if I try and program the object bytes it halts the processor.

Trying to avoid a power cycle of the board after factory programming prior to functional test.

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

With RDP no only power off reset start, but you can start code and in code set RDP maybe.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Rholl.1​ ,

Which Interface are you using please?

Houda

Rholl.1
Associate

I'm using the single wire, SWD, SWC along with an STLink-2. I initially program the unit, set the voltage level in the option bytes, set up a unique MAC address in the OTP memory and then finally start the application. Somewhere in there I would like to set the read protection but still be able to start the application.

I'm pretty sure I can do it in code per MMs reply. Which would be an acceptable solution.