cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the STM32H753 a drop-in replacement for STM32H743?

JArwe.1
Associate II

I know that STM32H753 is pin-compatible to STM32H743, and as far as I know also code-compatible for most intents and purposes. The only difference seems to be the Crypto hardware acceleration. So I assume that I can run code from H743 on the H753 without even recompiling, is that correct?

What about the Bootloader? AN2606 makes no distinction between H743 and H753, so again I assume the chips are interchangeable in this regard?

What about the SecureBoot / SBSFU stuff? Do I need to do something special if I DON'T want to use these features? Or are they disabled by default?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JBURB
ST Employee

Hello,

The difference between H743 and H753 is linked only to secure features that are available only in H753.

as explained in the reference manual Table 1. Availability of security features, those features are available only in secure version:

Embedded Flash memory (FLASH):

– Flash Secure-only area

Available Not available

Security memory management:

– Secure access mode

– Root secure services (RSS)

Cryptographic processor (CRYP)

Hash processor (HASH)

If you do nothing SecureBoot / SBSFU will not be activated: just do not activate Security Option bit in the option bytes.

Br,

Jacky

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JBURB
ST Employee

Hello,

The difference between H743 and H753 is linked only to secure features that are available only in H753.

as explained in the reference manual Table 1. Availability of security features, those features are available only in secure version:

Embedded Flash memory (FLASH):

– Flash Secure-only area

Available Not available

Security memory management:

– Secure access mode

– Root secure services (RSS)

Cryptographic processor (CRYP)

Hash processor (HASH)

If you do nothing SecureBoot / SBSFU will not be activated: just do not activate Security Option bit in the option bytes.

Br,

Jacky

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> So I assume that I can run code from H743 on the H753 without even recompiling, is that correct?

Yes, and you can distinguish them in runtime if you want.