cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743 vs STM32H753

GilRoss
Associate II

I have just started a project and am using the STM32H743. Is there any reason I should switch to the STM32H753? I know they are pin compatible and the 753 has some more advanced crypto features, but I'm more concerned with availability of these parts. Will the 753 be supported longer than the 743? If you were starting a new project would you chose the 753 or the 743, and why?

3 REPLIES 3

They share a common die so will likely ship for the 10+ years ST offers.

Do you need cryptography  / hash functions? They make import / export harder, functionality can be detected and done in software. 

A lot of the 144-pin offerings have a common pinout

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

The 144-pin packages are ubiquitous, there's a lot of commonality across the families, CubeMX has a method to show compatible foot-prints. Should be relatively interchangeable with the H745/H755, where the M4 core is enabled, same die if I'm not mistaken

There's a lot of things that can go pear-shaped in a decade. Distributors don't hold deep inventories, and most things are built-to-order. Expect to have to take responsibility for hedging

I would generally recommend a design refresh periodically to account for market conditions to address part availability/obsolescence, costs, PCB, etc.

DEV-ID 0x450 -> H742, H743/753, H750, H745/755, H747/757

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

If you were starting a new project would you chose the 753 or the 743, and why?

Aside of the crypto, the 753 has so called "hide protection", aka ""secure memory". It can be useful to implement secure boot. Nice to have.