cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7x3 USB Microphone Driver

ManishNair
Associate III

Hi,

I want to configure my device as a USB Microphone. However the cubemx generates code for USB speaker and the device is detected as STM32 Audio Class Speaker. Can anybody suggest a solution or Cube Example for USB Audio class with Microphone  codes/drivers. My devices are STM32H743, STM32H745, STM32H750, STM32H753, STM32H7A. I am using an analog microphone which is connected to ADC via preamp. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @ManishNair 

You are right. To use a microphone on STM32H7, examples provided in cube firmware cover DFSDM peripheral to use MEMS microphone MP34DT01 and SAI peripheral to transmit audio PCM data to the WM8994 Codec driver. 

But using USB class for audio examples provided are dedicated header /speaker OUT I guess since there is no other examples. Also, X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 does not cover H7 products.

I will forward your request to dedicated team.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @ManishNair 

You are right. To use a microphone on STM32H7, examples provided in cube firmware cover DFSDM peripheral to use MEMS microphone MP34DT01 and SAI peripheral to transmit audio PCM data to the WM8994 Codec driver. 

But using USB class for audio examples provided are dedicated header /speaker OUT I guess since there is no other examples. Also, X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 does not cover H7 products.

I will forward your request to dedicated team.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.