cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am very very new in MPUs / MCUs and IOT. What product should I try for cryptographic operations like AES or Diffi Hellman and also for storing keys securely in device.

OISLE
Associate

Hi, actually I 'm planning to write some C code for cryptographic functions for e-signature, encrypt data or decrypt data in IOT devices.

There are lots of products here. So I don't know which one is efficient for encrypt or decrypt operations or signing a data operations. But I know, I should save private keys securely in device.

What about STM32F410?

For now I don't know how much kbytes I need for code and data.

Any information is welcome, Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @OISLE​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

There is a large selection which may answer your request.

I recommend you to use the "MCU Finder" tool (mobile version, PC version) or the one integrated in STM32CubeMX, to fine tune your choice based on multiple criteria and select the suitable one(s).

You can also compare MCU/MPU characteristics using "Cross selector" feature.

0693W00000Bd57OQAR.jpg 

Regarding STM32F410 it's doesn't contain cryptographic functions.

I recommend you to refer to the product Datasheet to have more idea about the product features and IPs characteristics.

Hope my answer helped you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
OISLE
Associate

Thanks for your quick answer. 

What do you mean with "Regarding STM32F410 it's doesn't contain cryptographic functions." ?

Do you mean that I can't write my own cryptographic library (AES, Diffie Hellman, Eliptic Curve vs) and can't run in STM32F410? 

Or the other MCU devices already provide library (Crytolib library) to do theese cryptographic operations. 

Or did you mean that it is related to hardware capability? Or I can write these functions but I can't use hardware accelerator?

Writing codes like AES encryp/decrypt in windows is easy task, But with STM32 I need a start point. 

I would be very hapy if you can provide some documents or code examples for cryptographic operations for these products to write own library.

0693W00000BdAYPQA3.jpg 

Alsa I don't have CRYP in list..