cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware acceleration of mbedtls-2021 , - does ST have that?

TThom.2
Associate

Does ST offer an implementation of hardware acceleration of mbedtls-2021?

I found this:

STM32CubeL5\Projects\STM32L562E-DK\Applications\TFM\TFM_Appli\Secure\Src\ecdsa_alt.c

STM32CubeL5\Projects\STM32L562E-DK\Applications\TFM\TFM_Appli\Secure\Src\ecdsa_curves_alt.c

from https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeL5.git

This is excactly what I want (a bridge between mbedtls and the PKA_HAL driver), but it's for a 2019 version of mbedtls, and the mbedtls folks since broke the interface, so it doesn't compile. (and it doesn't look like an quick/easy fix)

Is there a newer version somewhere?

/Troels

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TThom.2​ ,

Our Expert was quick to provide an answer 🙂

Unfortunately, there is no plan to integrate new mbedtls version in the near future.

However, there is a suggested workaround to get rid of the compilation errors which is an ECC mbed TLS to PKA wrapper with recent mbed TLS version.

You find it attached and it will be interesting to keep us informed about the results on your side.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @TThom.2​ ,

I'll share your request with our Experts & I'll keep you informed once I get the answer.

Internal ticket number: 112434 (PS: This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TThom.2
Associate

Thx , and sorry for the vague versions mentioned.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeL5.git uses mbedtls 2.16.2

I would like to use 2.26.x (or 2.27 or 3.0.0)

/Troels

Hi @TThom.2​ ,

Our Expert was quick to provide an answer 🙂

Unfortunately, there is no plan to integrate new mbedtls version in the near future.

However, there is a suggested workaround to get rid of the compilation errors which is an ECC mbed TLS to PKA wrapper with recent mbed TLS version.

You find it attached and it will be interesting to keep us informed about the results on your side.

-Amel