cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F446RE Random Number Generator

donbommelon
Associate II

I am Missing the Option Security>RNG in my the .ioc tool. Does the F446RE does not have a RNG?

i experience identical problems to Implementation of ECC on STM32f446 (Page 1) — wolfSSL — wolfSSL - Embedded SSL Library

donbommelon_0-1701686942312.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, this could be a copy'n'paste error, for which I would like to apologise. However, only the functions and parameters in the data sheet are relevant and guaranteed.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
donbommelon
Associate II

For my L452RE it looks like this:

donbommelon_0-1701687202912.png

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Correct, in contrast to the STM32L452RE, the STM32F446 does not contain an RNG.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, this could be a copy'n'paste error, for which I would like to apologise. However, only the functions and parameters in the data sheet are relevant and guaranteed.

donbommelon
Associate II

ok thank you. do you have any instuctions on how to use wolfssl without a rng. I am struggling to get rsa encryption to run. Thank you for your time.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Apart from switching to an STM32 with RNG, no.

There are methods of generating a little randomness with a PRNG, by reading in the chip temperature or other simple approaches, but this is far away from a certified TRNG and may even be enough for a dice, but not for current encryption techniques.

fm1
Associate

i have the same problem did you found the solution  ?

@fm1As mentioned before: choose an STM32 providing an RNG. If you have special requirements, you should create a new thread.

Regards
/Peter