cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why people got their answer but not mark correct

William chang
Associate III
Posted on March 08, 2018 at 04:58

First of all, Thanks for the help from community. 

I hope I could be more helpful, more healthy and strong.

I saw many questions were answered but the author don't mark correct. 

Some of the thread were many years ago.

If they had marked the answer.

It would be helpful for me and other members of the community to find the answer quick.

24 REPLIES 24
Philip Lane
Associate II
Posted on March 08, 2018 at 14:13

Great suggestion - tiny problem. How do you actually do this ? I asked a question, finally got an answer but couldn't find any way of marking it as 'solved' etc.

Posted on March 08, 2018 at 14:19

PM for example

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on March 08, 2018 at 14:22

Please refer to 

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009bMM5DSAW

May I know about which discussion you are speaking?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on March 08, 2018 at 14:35

OK, but that requires thinking of an Admin's username.

Going forward (probably not til the new platform?) would be good to have a 'suggest as answer' button, or suchlike?
Posted on March 08, 2018 at 14:53

Philip Lane wrote:

Great suggestion - tiny problem. How do you actually do this ?

At the top-right of each post is a 'Mark Correct' button:

0690X0000060A19QAE.png

I don't know if this relies upon you having started the thread as a 'Question' - rather than a 'Discussion' ?

Posted on March 08, 2018 at 14:55

Yes, it has to be started as a question.

Brian Kling
Senior III
Posted on March 09, 2018 at 10:45

Yes agreed this is a very common issue with online communities; only a fraction of original posters mark the answer that solves their question. Then yes, if you have adequate internal staff they can help by marking where it seems pretty obvious an answer has been provided. I have always wanted to see community platforms offer very granular permissions, so that, for example we could offer this capability to some of the more regular members of the community, also the ability to move posts that are in the wrong place. Unfortunately I have yet to see a platform that offers this ability to offer specific permissions like that, you have to offer a whole set, or nothing. I'm looking to see what might be possible in future platforms.

Note you can also use the ''Report Abuse'' feature to alert us to something. I know the terminology is ''heavy'' should be more like ''Flag for moderator'' but that's what we have for now.

0690X0000060A2uQAE.png
Posted on March 09, 2018 at 10:53

Brian Kling wrote:

a very common issue with online communities; only a fraction of original posters mark the answer that solves their question.

Or even bother to report-back that their problem is solved.

>:(

Note you can also use the 'Report Abuse' feature to alert us to something

But doesn't that make the post (or even the whole thread?) disappear from view while it is 'in moderation' ?

Posted on March 09, 2018 at 11:01

Is there some tangible definition here on the forum of what amounts to 'abuse' ?