cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no export to EmBlocks in STM32Cube ?

ffred
Associate II
Posted on July 05, 2014 at 09:34

Hi,

EMBlocks is a good IDE for STM32, free, easier to use than Eclipse and it already support STM32 use with CMSIS. why no direct export to EmBlocks from STM32Cube..??

could be really a good thing for ST to support a nice free IDE, since ST is not offering any free IDE for their STM32..

why only supporting paid IDE since you made all those nice very low cost Discovery boards, if we can't have access to a good free - or low cost - tool to use them..????

Fred
12 REPLIES 12
vaverka
Associate
Posted on August 24, 2015 at 08:31

Helllo,

it is possible to export STM32Cube for TrueStudio toolchain and then convert it for EmBlocks by this utility. It works fine. See:  http://www.emblocks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=589

bjorn2
Associate III
Posted on June 23, 2016 at 12:55

Hi, how is this investigation going?

I would like to implement PDSC importer in EB.

And what about spitting out some XML format file we all can use?

Cheers

P.S. and why mentioning CooCox as ''one of the three possible leading'' free IDE's while it's abandoned for a long time with only spam in the forum and neglect EmBlocks? 

Lead
Posted on June 23, 2016 at 14:05

> Hi, how is this investigation going?

EmBlocks (which is now called ''EmBitz'', BTW) seem to have an import filter for Keil uVision projects.

Select the ''

File->Open...

'' menu item.

Down right, you can select the file type from a dropdown list, with ''

EmBitz project files

'' preselected.

There is, amongst others, a ''

Keil uVision project files

'' filter selectable.

I never tried that, so I cannot comment on the stability an supported uVision versions. It should be documented at the EmBitz website, though.

Judging by the activity on this thread, I wouldn't expect too much effort from ST's side here ...