cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I need to press the reset button everytime after copying the '.bin' file to the B-L475E-IOT01A board?

PMaha.1
Associate II

I have to press the reset button after copying the '.bin' file to the B-L475E-IOT01A board for the code to run.

Please let me know is it possible to dump the code and make it run without pressing the reset button

7 REPLIES 7
Guillaume K
ST Employee

what is the .bin you are copying to B-L475E-IOT01 ? what does it contain ?

turboscrew
Senior III

How would you start executing the new binary instead of the binary run when the .bin file is copied?

PMaha.1
Associate II

The code from mbed os site to read sensor data when compiled generates a '.bin' file. When I copy the '.bin' file to the board, it should run but it doesn't start executing the new code unless reset button is pressed.

When I copy the '.bin' file after compiling mbed code for targets like stm32f769 etc, I do not need any kind of reset. Just copying the binary file is sufficient to run the new code.

So, I wanted to know why is pressing the reset button required everytime the '.bin' file is copied to B-L475E-IOT01A1. I have a revision C-01 of the board.

Check the ST-LINK firmwares in the working/not working cases, and perhaps upgrade to current version.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I have upgraded ST-LINK firmware to latest version. Still Ineed to pres the reset button

Did you mean "flashing" when you said "copying"? I thought you had some kind of In System Programming in use.

Guillaume K
ST Employee

You wrote you have a C-01 version of B-L475E-IOT01. I remember there were some reset issues on earlier versions of B-L475E-IOT01. Can you get a D-01 version and test ?