cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what the difference between STM32F407VET6 and STM32F407VGT6

Karuniawan_Amah
Associate III

I have buy STM32F407VET6 discovery in the past, and for some reason i need some more. been looking on the local marketlist on my country most don't sell it anymore, and my past store still hasn't restocking it yet, and i'm found similar board with same layout but the part number are STM32F407VGT. can anyone tell me the difference of both? well from pinouts and pinout capabilities such as I2C, Interrupt etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

STM32F407VET

STM32F407VGT

The only difference is the Flash memory size:

E: 512kB

G: 1024kB

Refer to the datasheet:

SofLit_0-1711611564655.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

STM32F407VET

STM32F407VGT

The only difference is the Flash memory size:

E: 512kB

G: 1024kB

Refer to the datasheet:

SofLit_0-1711611564655.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for fast reply appreciate it. maybe this is too much to ask, just to make sure. can the VGT replace the VET one without any problem? from your reply before i see the only difference is only on the flash memory and both are have same capabilities on anything else. i'm working on a project and i'm told to buy exactly that, VET one that is. but as i can't find it i want to replace it with the VGT one? are it's okay? and won't have any problem to interchange between both? so much thanks

There is no differences except the Flash memory size.

Since VGT has more Flash than VET, VGT can replace VET without any issue.

SofLit_0-1711613545421.png

what about the U in the back? as i see it more the board is STM32F407VGT6U, what are the U stand for? can it do same as the one without U? or do i need additional software or something like that? thanks

No need for additional software. So go ahead.

Edit: I need to check.

@Karuniawan_Amah 

Just to be sure: I need to check internally about that U. It could be something related to licensing or something like that.

well haven't bought it yet, but maybe i'll make sure to ask the seller first

Well, ask your ST local sales. They can answer your question.

@Karuniawan_Amah wrote:

what about the U in the back? as i see it more the board is STM32F407VGT6U, what are the U stand for? 

Answered here:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/can-stm32f407vgt6u-acts-like-stm32407vgt6/m-p/658024/highlight/true#M240070