cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do If I don't have the same version of tools?

HAlzo
Senior

I have STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeMonitor and STM32Cube_FW_H7 ,

but they are not the same version as the required version.

Some are older version and some are newer version

What should I do.

1-Should I uninstall my already installed SW and use the "STM32H72x3xWS-material_1.0.exe" to install the correct versions? or just running "STM32H72x3xWS-material_1.0.exe" will install the cortrect versions without need to uninstall the old version?

2-Should updating to new FW version affect my old SW based on old FW versions?

3-Is there a migration guide between FW versions and cube verions or the migration can be done seamlessly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adam BERLINGER
ST Employee

Hello,

the workshop is tested for the version in the package. E.g. the older STM32CubeMonitor will not work, because there are some GUI components missing.

For STM32Cube_FW_H7 you can have multiple versions installed without issue (usually located in C:\Users\<username>\STM32Cube\Repository). Each project in CubeMX/CubeIDE has the library version stored, so unless you decide to update it, it will use the selected one.

For the other programs I think it should be possible to install new versions separately. I would recommend that if you have some active project ongoing where use the different tools versions.

The only downside is the disk space and that you need to be careful which program version to open.

For migration, there should be a list of changes in release notes for each software/firmware.

Best regards,

Adam Berlinger

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Adam BERLINGER
ST Employee

Hello,

the workshop is tested for the version in the package. E.g. the older STM32CubeMonitor will not work, because there are some GUI components missing.

For STM32Cube_FW_H7 you can have multiple versions installed without issue (usually located in C:\Users\<username>\STM32Cube\Repository). Each project in CubeMX/CubeIDE has the library version stored, so unless you decide to update it, it will use the selected one.

For the other programs I think it should be possible to install new versions separately. I would recommend that if you have some active project ongoing where use the different tools versions.

The only downside is the disk space and that you need to be careful which program version to open.

For migration, there should be a list of changes in release notes for each software/firmware.

Best regards,

Adam Berlinger