cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBPD EPR mode

H V N D
Associate III

I have tried setup STM32G071 Sink port and connected with Apple 140w. I want to request 140W but it's seem STM32 not yet supported EPR mode in PD core. Do you have any examples for EPR in STM32?

7 REPLIES 7
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @H V N D 

You have already got your answer, I think here. 

Solved: USB PD sink - STMicroelectronics Community

Firmware is already supported in TCPP stack. Unfortunately, we cannot predict the release date of full solution including new HW shields.

Thank you for your understanding.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi FBL,

Will the full solution also include examples of 140W SRC support?

@Nicolas P. @PPAIL.1 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello,

The  current  products (TCPP0x + STM32) are  able  to manage  up to 100 W (SPR mode). The next solution (TCPPEx + STM32) will be able  to manage  up to 240 W (EPR mode). In your case the suitable  product will be  TCPPE2.

Regards.

Philippe

Hi,

Thanks for the update @Philippe RABIER 

We have developed our own 140W capable power bank using the STM32G071. 15-100W SRC has been implemented and we're about to add support for 140W. Are there any code examples or documentation for implementing 140W EPR SRC support? 

EStua.1
Associate II

Hi @Philippe RABIER , @FBL 

Any update on this? Is this something our FAE can perhaps help better answer?

Philippe RABIER
ST Employee

Hello,

As  of  today STM32 support SPR and  has  to be  used with TCPP0x.

Our  next version TCPPE with an update  software for  STM32  will be  compliant  with 140 W (EPR) but it is not available  today.

Regards