cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB DFU configuration / use

lifeorhell
Associate II

Hi,

I used a F105RCT6 in a custom board, i want to use the DFU mod.

When I generate the project with cubemx I select USB DEVICE and DFU mid, i change the clock configuration corectly. 

I generate the FW, and i flash him.

The DFU is running, i open cubeprogrammer, i can read the mcu but i can't flash him... or i flash but the fw is don't running, i'm don't understand... 

For me, just the dowload is block.

Help me 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shirley.Ye
ST Employee

Please check your reference manual for the flash chapter. Generally we do not support write-while-read function for flash, so you need to use IAP(bootloader) to program the internal flash 

ShirleyYe_0-1698632510290.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

Can you use the built in bootloader USB DFU instead?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I can't :\ 

To give you the global context :

My objective is to use the usb port in Virtual COM mode, and to go in DFU mode with a specific command on the this virtual port. 

My firmware is running good, i send a specific command and is going in DFU mode, i can read that's nice, but i can't erase and write ( i juste can read ) 

I hope I was quite precise

TDK
Guru

> My objective is to use the usb port in Virtual COM mode, and to go in DFU mode with a specific command on the this virtual port. 

You can jump to the bootloader at will. Doing so will cause the board to be re-enumerated as a USB DFU device.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-jump-to-system-bootloader-from-application-code-on-stm32/ta-p/49424

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

i don't resolve my problem :(

I think the problem is : i doesn't have CPU information loaded in dfu mod (see picture )

Capture d'écran 2023-10-27 100706.png

What's the problem? Looks like DFU is running fine.

Shirley.Ye
ST Employee

Please check your reference manual for the flash chapter. Generally we do not support write-while-read function for flash, so you need to use IAP(bootloader) to program the internal flash 

ShirleyYe_0-1698632510290.png

Do you know how I can use the bootloader to update in USB mod ?