cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Device Audio Output is not clear

ssena.1514
Associate III

Dear sir/madam,

I want to implement a USB audio DAC . And I have already followed the USB library for configuration of related files. When I am connecting the stm32f401VC discovery board USB connector to the host pc its displaying in the notification area. But its not producing good audio quality. So kindly check the related files . I am attaching all  files of the project.

Software Development Environment : KEIL MDK ARM

Software Development kit : STM32F401VC Discovery Kit

Programming Language : Embedded C 

Thanks & Regards

Satyabrata Senapati(Firmware Engineer)

4 REPLIES 4
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @ssena.1514 

Have you tried this example on cube firmware STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.28.0\Projects\STM32F401-Discovery\Applications\Audio\Audio_playback_and_record

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes this application I have already ported to stm32f401vc microcontroller & its working perfectly. 

But what I am asking is ,it's a different application which is not present. 

And I have followed some other controller 

Usb audio dac application to port in to stm32f401vc controller. 

So my question is why its producing hiss noise at audio output. 

The possible mistake could be 

1.wrong configuration of usb library 

2.or it could be in audio buffer management. 

So kindly see the attachment files and reply where I have done the actual mistake. 

Thanks & Regards

Satyabrata Senapati 

FBL
ST Employee

Hi @ssena.1514 

I'm not sure buffer audio management would impact the noise. However, you may try to increase sampling rate of audio file. In fact, sampling rate and bit depth should match between the source audio and the DAC configuration.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your response. Let me check.