cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USART Interrupt STM32F103ZET6

DGonc
Associate II

Hello all.

I am new working with the SMT32 microcontrollers and I need your help.

The project deals with 3 communication channels USART to 19200bds (usart1, usart2 and usart3)

The microcontroller used is the STM32F103ZET6 and would be connected to 3 different computers by RS232.

The received data are of different length depending on the command sent.

I need an example of code that detects each data received by each different channel to save it in a reception buffer to process them and once analyzed the data to initialize the reception buffer again.

I need a code that detects the interruption of data received by the usart.

I await yours advice and help.

Thanks you very much.

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3

It doesn't function materially different from any other micro-controller in this regard.

The Programming Manual or the Essential Cortex-Mx books would give good coverage of the NVIC.

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/programming_manual/5b/ca/8d/83/56/7f/40/08/CD00228163.pdf/files/CD00228163.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00228163.pdf

I used the SPL (Standard Peripheral Library) for F1 programming, posted several worked examples to the forum in the past.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DGonc
Associate II

But is someone using this microcontroller in assembly language?

There is no functioning of the HAL functions?

People use it in all manner of modes. The HAL UART implementation is a bit of a mess, but there are IRQ based examples under the CubeF1 software trees, want multiple UART, just step and repeat.

People use assembler, people use register level coding, people use an assortment of libraries with varying levels of abstraction.

Your task seems work related, if you have prior embedded/micro-controller experience I believe it should be directly applicable.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..