cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART Receive issue

EtienneLJ
Associate III

Hello,

I'm struggling with a really strange issue. I'm trying to make UART RX working on a STM32G4 custom board.

I've followed the UART Interrupt tutorial. (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/Getting_started_with_UART)

I've tested it with Nucleo-G431RB and it works fine.

Now I'm running the exact same code on my custom board and I have nothing, when using the debugger I can see that the interrupt is never fired. I've check hardware connections and everything seems OK.

I've also tried to implement UART_Receive by polling mode => I can see in the debugger that characters are received, so Hardware is OK.

Can someone help me with this issue ?

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31

Why ST couldn't have used a symbol for the vector table basis into SCB->VTOR is honestly beyond me...

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Your code you've posted is working on my Nucleo-G431B just fine.

docklightcapture.png

With the exception is that you should use strlen instead of guessing the length of the string. I was getting some null characters when i sent SONAR. 

usestrlen.png

Also remove the flag as i was getting double "msg_available"

removeflag.png

Now you're probably wondering why I was able to get your code to work? I saw the link to the tutorial and nowhere did it mention to enable the NVIC interrupt. How ST left that vital information out is beyond me?

enableinterrup.png

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.