cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorials, etc.

jprevard
Associate II
Posted on May 06, 2014 at 07:17

Is there a tutorial or lecture series for beginners working with a STM32F3 demo board? I have programmed simple project boards like Arduino, but not anything like the STM32 boards. I have tried to work backwards from the provided demo, but I'm not familiar with terms like GPIO, __IO, BSRR, etc. I realize these terms are fairly standard for C programming, but I guess what I am looking for is a tutorial on C programming based around the STM32 product. My goal is to create a signal similar to a square wave in which each cycle has a unique, predefined period.

11 REPLIES 11
jprevard
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2014 at 08:32

and my main.o looks far from okay, but I wouldn't really know anyways...(see attachment)

Attachments :

main-o.jpg : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0cC&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bbJ%2FrFP52khwiU77LqWmM0cw7AgWF9Q6Lr5yLpDSyZZmXLc&asPdf=false
chen
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2014 at 10:03

''and my main.o looks far from okay, but I wouldn't really know anyways''

This is a binary file, the output in assembler.

You do not need to examine it. You cannot examine it unless it is diss-assembled

If you really need to know what the assembler looks like - you can turn on the assembler output (sometime called the list file) in the compiler/linker