cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there is a delay between caling dcmi_start_dma function and data being actually received in dcmi_dr

kanuz_khan
Associate III

there is a delay between caling dcmi_start_dma function and data being actually received in dcmi_dr in stm32l4r9discovery the pixel clock is 24 mhz 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @kanuz_khan ,

If, I have understood your question correctly, yes I confirm, there is an delay between the dcmi_start_dma and the moment when the data are packed into a 32-bit data register (DCMI_DR). This delay depends on:

- VSYNC, HSYNC, PIXCLK

- Software optimization

- Data formats: Monochrome, RGB, YCbCr.......

- Length 

- DMA configuration

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @kanuz_khan ,

If, I have understood your question correctly, yes I confirm, there is an delay between the dcmi_start_dma and the moment when the data are packed into a 32-bit data register (DCMI_DR). This delay depends on:

- VSYNC, HSYNC, PIXCLK

- Software optimization

- Data formats: Monochrome, RGB, YCbCr.......

- Length 

- DMA configuration

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @kanuz_khan ,

Has your request been answered?

If you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to share it 🙂.

Thank you.

Kaouthar.