cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target not found error in STM32H743ZI2

suhfi
Associate II

i am using nucleo-144, H743ZI2 board. while i am uploading code in the stm32cubeide i am getting error as "target not found". i have searched in the community and then tried connect the boot0 to high, and power the board, connect to cube programmer and erase full chip flash memory. while i do that i am not able to connect board. i am getting an error as: no stm32 target found. i have tried to connect boot 0 to vcc and power it. In the cube programmer i am unable to get the connect. and i have gone through the user manual of the board h743zi2 board, but there also i received the same answer. when i connect or power the board, we get the firmware right, i am getting mbed, details and failed also. in the fail text document i have "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU". what should i do? I want to upload the new code and will it be possible to erase the old code.

27 REPLIES 27
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Did you check the power supply of the MCU? Check the jumpers, especially the ones related to the power especially JP4. 

SofLit_0-1725447465669.png

Also be sure you are using a data cable and not a charging cable.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

Yes i have checked the power supply of MCU, the jumpers are connected to that of JP4 and the data cable also. these two are not the issue. could you add more details why is it unable to upload the code.

Did you measure the VDD level on JP4?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

How to measure the VDD level on JP4?

Could you please help me with that. 

Use a Multimeter. Need to measure the voltage level between JP4 and GND.

19.6volts. And i have observed another thing which is, when the jumper is removed the LD5 is brightly on. When the jumper is placed, the LD5 is off. the multimeter voltage keeps on changing.

@suhfi wrote:

19.6volts. 

What?? are you sure? 

oh i am sorry, my bad. it is around 5.06 volts

@suhfi wrote:

oh i am sorry, my bad. it is around 5.06 volts

On VDD? how did you power supply your board?