cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Workbench: Doxygen setting blew up compiler

Brother Theo
Associate II

My code was compiling fine, then I turned on the Doxygen setting in preferences. Now i get lots of errors and warnings. My function prototypes say used but never defined. My functions say invalid storage class. I can't find what is broken. I turned off doxygen setting and removed alll the comments it added, no luck. Help?

15 REPLIES 15
Brother Theo
Associate II

This is early code while I bring up the hardware. Its pretty rough right now. I'll look into your suggestion.

Brother Theo
Associate II

Oh! usually I use Allman. This is mostly temp code.

TDK
Guru

Personally dislike opening bracket on a separate line, but standardized formatting in C is never going to happen since it hasn't already. But since HAL uses it, I'll use it if editing HAL files.

Two IDEs I use, CLion and STM32CubeIDE, both give warnings on mismatched brackets. TI CCS sort of gives a warning, but not really. STM32CubeIDE is particularly aggressive about it with a big red X.

0693W00000KctNBQAZ.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks, I just learned that I use the Allman style.

And I thought that was just me after looking so much into lwIP recently... ��

Is there a particular setting to get this red cross on missing bracket? For me CubeIDE does not do this.

To the best of my knowledge, my settings are default apart from the color scheme. I looked around for a few minutes and couldn’t locate where/if it can be enabled. Google search wasn’t helpful either. Shrug.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".