cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync problems between H7 cores

yuri CH
Senior

hello!

i am working with the stm32h745 dual core nucleo dev board.

currently, i am trying to create a constant pulse on a GPIO output pin which belongs to the M4 core every 40 ms.

when i run with the m4 alone the pulse is very accurate and looks perfect.

when i run both cores (m7, and m4) the pulse looses sync and dosent appear to be correct.

i do not understand this since i configured that gpio to belong to strickly m4, it is indipendent and not supposed to be effected by the M7.

Please advise on how the run of the M7 core effects the M4? nd what could be the reasons to my problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The cores run independently. If you want to sync them, you need to use HSEM or similar.

If the M7 core doesn't touch the pin, the M4 program should run consistently regardless of what the M7 is going.

Regardless of what is set up in CubeMX, the M7 core still has access to all peripherals, so it is possible for it to modify the pin within the code.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

The cores run independently. If you want to sync them, you need to use HSEM or similar.

If the M7 core doesn't touch the pin, the M4 program should run consistently regardless of what the M7 is going.

Regardless of what is set up in CubeMX, the M7 core still has access to all peripherals, so it is possible for it to modify the pin within the code.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
yuri CH
Senior

thanks for anwsering,

after checking again there was no problem with the cores, only with my sampling equipment 🙂