cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of microcontroller between STM32F746ZGT6 and STM32F756ZGT6

SGasp.1
Senior

Hi everyone .... due to the problem of the getting the components.. I would like to understand in your opinion which is the difference between STM32F746ZGT6 and STM32F756ZGT6..

Can I port the code easily ?

Which changes I should do ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yes.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

The STM32F756 has crypto/hash features, but is otherwise identical to the STM32F746. The code should run on it without modification.

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32f7x6.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SGasp.1​ ,

There is no big difference between STM32F746ZGT6 and STM32F756ZGT6 (adding security features for F756).

(Please refer to the attached Excel file to check the comparison between the IP/parameters of the products)

The STM32F756xx devices are fully pin-to-pin, compatible with the STM32F74xxx devices and share the same power supplies.

You can refer to the datasheet for more clarification about your product.

0693W00000FCWYTQA5.jpg 

Hope that I've answered your question.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Select as Best". This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
SGasp.1
Senior

Basically I can directly flash the prevous project .hex done with STM32Cube inside the new microcontroller?

Yes.

can you share the link for doing the comparison thanks ?

Using STM32CubeMX tool, through "Cross selector" feature.

For more detail, please refer to the "4.2.4 Cross selector" section in the UM1718.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen