cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STmicro statement regarding MCU parts availability?

TwelveSquared
Senior

It's no secret that there is a worldwide shortage of STM32 MCUs and distributors are not even trying to estimate availability.

How is STmicro addressing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @TwelveSquared​ 

There unfortunately is not an official statement, but rest assured the sales channel and factory teams are doing everything they can to fulfill orders as quick as possible.

We understand its a trying time for the semiconductor market, and an amount of STM32 variants have a backlog. At the same time, I can also say that there are some variants that are in stock on the shelves right now at our eStore and distributors, ready to ship.

I will be in touch with you in a moment from our support system.

If anyone else is hunting for one that is out of stock and needs help trying to find other potentials to look at, please feel free to open a support case at my.st.com/ols and our team is here to help.

Regards,

Billy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Getting additional mask sets so the die can be produced in multiple fabs world wide.

As I recall a second building was brought up at Crolles, and a partnership with Global Foundries to build another fab at the location.

I know some of our orders were pushed out another 12 weeks after some eco-terrorism took out power to the site back in April.

Adding production/assembly plants with the ability to handle broader line of products.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @TwelveSquared​ 

There unfortunately is not an official statement, but rest assured the sales channel and factory teams are doing everything they can to fulfill orders as quick as possible.

We understand its a trying time for the semiconductor market, and an amount of STM32 variants have a backlog. At the same time, I can also say that there are some variants that are in stock on the shelves right now at our eStore and distributors, ready to ship.

I will be in touch with you in a moment from our support system.

If anyone else is hunting for one that is out of stock and needs help trying to find other potentials to look at, please feel free to open a support case at my.st.com/ols and our team is here to help.

Regards,

Billy

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Are new (less known) models such as U5, L5 more available than tried and proven?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Availability is better now, but at much higher prices. E.g. Farnell now tcarries about 322 STM32 MCU part numbers in stock.

Harvey White
Senior III

Mouser, for example, has several hundred processors at 25 USD each (2MB flash, TQFP-144, 640K RAM). That's a new stock increase. I think that the 11 dollar processors I used (STM32L562VET6Q) are now about 14 dollars. The same situation (more or less, I think) goes for memory chips and display chips.

AScha.3
Chief II

well, so your lucky - i think, price is on many parts 200 - 300% up ;

so old and cheap F103CB is now 8,78 € at mouser , more than 3x what i paid some years ago .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".