cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Uxx: OCTALSPI direction signal (is missing)

tjaekel
Senior III

I need level shifters, using QSPI signals with 1V2 logic (MCU can just be set for 1V8, so I need level shifters).

I have realized: bi-directional level shifters for 1V2 are pretty slow (and rare). Level shifters which have a DIR signal (to turn the direction) are way faster, e,g, SN74AXC2T45. Therefore, I want to use Level Shifter (LS) which have a DIR signal.

But how to get a DIR signal from MCU?

• Can I pause the transmission after sending CMD, ADDR and ALT (before DUMMY), so that I can turn the direction of LS? I do not think so.
  • Can I get an indication signal from QSPI device when CMD, ADDR and ALT was sent?
    E.g. an INT (or flag) telling me the Preamble was sent, so that I can hurry to change the direction of LS? I do not think so.
  • Can I use DQS signal for this intention? I do not think so (DQS does not work in SDR mode)

Dear STM team:

Please, could you consider providing an (optional) OCTALSPI DIR signal, e.g. using DQS or any other GPIO pin?
I want to control external level shifters for the direction: when CMD, ADDR, ALT was sent, when it comes to clocking out the DUMMY: I want to turn an external level shifter, via a DIRection signal on another GPIO (for the following READ transaction).

• Or make the MCU working for 1V2 VDD, so that OCTALSPI pins are 1V2 logic. Or provide the OCTALSPI pins on the VDDIO2 voltage domain..,

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @tjaekel ,

Thank you for your feedback and for your contribution in STCommunity.

I escalated your requests to involved team to take a closer look at these needs and feedbacks.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.