cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U5A9VJT6Q Power supply requirement

HPK
Associate

Hi 

I want to use the STM32U5A9VJ6Q_SMPS inbuilt chip in one of my projects. I plan to run the chip with 3.3V. Is it feasible to run at 3.3V for all pin functions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @HPK ,

Running the STM32U5A9V with SMPS at 3.3V is feasible, but you need to ensure proper configuration of the power supply, pin connections, and peripheral compatibility. Additionally, consider the efficiency and thermal performance of the SMPS.

You can refer to the "SMPS characteristics" section in the STM32U5Axx Datasheet and this application note AN5373 will help you on your hardware implementation.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @HPK ,

Running the STM32U5A9V with SMPS at 3.3V is feasible, but you need to ensure proper configuration of the power supply, pin connections, and peripheral compatibility. Additionally, consider the efficiency and thermal performance of the SMPS.

You can refer to the "SMPS characteristics" section in the STM32U5Axx Datasheet and this application note AN5373 will help you on your hardware implementation.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen