cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750 continues to reboot in STM32CubeIDE debug

HarryXia
Associate II

hello,

We have a product using STM32H750 chip. We used STM32CubeIDE(latest version: 1.13.2) to develop our software. We also integrate freeRTOS in our product code. 

We got a reboot issue sometimes on our product when we run  on STM32CubeIDE. It is strange that normally the code should stop in STM32CubeIDE when we got crash or exception etc, then we can see where the code crashed.

But this issue is we just see STM32H750 keeping reboot, we see nothing on STM32CubeIDE. 

What will cause this kind of issue? How to debug this kind of issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@FBL and @TDK ,

Thanks your response.

We found it is becaue the power supply. I used usb cable(connect with my PC) to supply the power. When I enable wifi/ADC etc on my device, looks the power is not enough. So I saw my issue. Now I use a special DC power supply,  I did not see this issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @HarryXia 

Does the issue persist without FreeRTOS? If so, could you share the fault exception, Software and Hardware setup.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TDK
Guru

> How to debug this kind of issue?

Look at RCC->CSR flags on startup to determine the cause of the reset.

Step through the code to figure out where and when it resets.

Do you have a watchdog enabled?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@FBL and @TDK ,

Thanks your response.

We found it is becaue the power supply. I used usb cable(connect with my PC) to supply the power. When I enable wifi/ADC etc on my device, looks the power is not enough. So I saw my issue. Now I use a special DC power supply,  I did not see this issue.