cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745 with WIFI

ATank.1
Associate III

Hello,

I plan to use STM32H745 controller with touchGFX for UI. Additionally need WIFI capability. 

What options are available if WIFI is to be used with STM32H745? 

I dont want to invest time in developing a communication protocol to communicate with a WIFI module.

Are there any ready made options available from both Hardware and Firmware side? 

Please suggest any development boards which can be used to accelerate development.

Thanks 

Anuj 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @ATank.1 

If you are looking for an evaluation Board with integrated Wi-Fi Module, I suggest you use the STM32H7B3I-DK - Discovery kit with STM32H7B3LI MCU - STMicroelectronics. If you are looking for a board embedding an STM32H745 MCU, you can use the STM32H745I-DISCO - Discovery kit with STM32H745XI MCU - STMicroelectronics which embed an STMod+ extension that you can use to connect a Wi-Fi module such as the ESP-01.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @ATank.1 

If you are looking for an evaluation Board with integrated Wi-Fi Module, I suggest you use the STM32H7B3I-DK - Discovery kit with STM32H7B3LI MCU - STMicroelectronics. If you are looking for a board embedding an STM32H745 MCU, you can use the STM32H745I-DISCO - Discovery kit with STM32H745XI MCU - STMicroelectronics which embed an STMod+ extension that you can use to connect a Wi-Fi module such as the ESP-01.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

There are many WiFi modules available on the market, with a variety of standard interfaces - UART, SPI, etc ..

AndrewNeil_0-1716285162741.png

eg, only yesterday:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/connecting-stm32f7-disco-board-to-wifi-network-using-esp8266/m-p/676684#M19151