cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H723ZGT6 vs STM32H743ZIT6 P2P compatibility

Sandeep1
Associate II

Hi,

I am planning to replace STM32H723ZGT6 with the STM32H743ZIT6. I am interested in the following interfaces and using the respective in numbers MII/RMII(1 no.), SPI(1 no.), UART(4 no.), I2C(4 no.), QSPI(1 no.), OSPI(1 no.). Please do let me know if these two ICs are pin to pin compatible or drop in replacement of each other ? 

Regards,

Sandeep

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

They're pin to pin compatible. At long as they both have the peripherals you're using, and your clock settings and memory usage are within the bounds of both, it should be a drop in replacement. Note that there are difference in memory amount and allowable clock speeds.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Sandeep1 ,

As mentioned by@TDK they are pin to pin compatible.

You can check the compatibility pin by using the STM32CubeMX. This toolchain allows you to know the list of MCUs with Pinout compatible, you just need to start by creating a new project using your MCU part number (STM32H723ZGT6 in your case) and press Pinout to get the list of all compatible MCUs as presented in the below figures:

KDJEM1_2-1690885418622.png

KDJEM1_1-1690885386306.png

Note that also when compared STM32H723 to STM32H74x/75x devices, STM32H72/73x devices offer the following additional features:
• two OCTOSPI interfaces, instead of a single QUADSPI
• possibility to store encrypted code or data on external Octo-SPI memories (for STM32H73x devices)
• a parallel synchronous slave interface (PSSI)
• a digital temperature sensor

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.