cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H723ZG Unable to connect to ST_LINK when powering on for the first time, and the COM port canno

ML111
Associate III

Hello everyone:

After I got the development board, I soldered it first. After soldering it, only the COM port light lit up red when I powered on for the first time, and the LED area and user buttons did not respond. After using the debug support of keilv5, I successfully read the port. However, I cannot connect to the hardware when using keil's ST download function. I tried to use cubeide to download again, but the port still could not be found, but my computer device manager could find the port and the universal serial bus device could query STM32 ST-Link/V3. I have the following screenshots as a supplement.

1.jpg2.png3.png4.png

19 REPLIES 19
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @ML111 

Could you please insure that you are using a data Cable and not a charging one. Also, try using another USB port or another PC.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @STTwo-32 

First of all, thank you for your reply. I read your message carefully. I am only replying to your message now due to personal reasons. I am pretty sure I am using a data cable because I have used the same board from another team and I have successfully programmed it on their board. I'm using the same data cable. I also changed the data cable and PC, but the results were the same.

Best Regards.

ML111

ML111
Associate III

Hello @STTwo-32 

Oh no, my answer may misunderstand you, I mean it can be successfully burned on another team's board. But my board cannot, whether it is replacing the PC or the data cable.

Best Regards.

ML111

Keil cant unprotect or wake up MCUs. Try connect with STMCubeprogrammer and erase / unprotect, plus update FW onboard STLink.

ML111
Associate III

Hello @MM..1 

Thanks for your reply, I have tried connecting multiple times using STMCubeprogrammer, but the connection is sending errors. as the picture shows.

image.pngimage.png

Best Regards.

ML111

Frequency cant be zero, log messages dont equal right part window setup .... start with blue button Firmware upgrade.

ML111
Associate III

Hello @MM..1 

Thanks for your live reply.

My frequency is only 0, no other options. as the picture shows.image.pngFirmware upgrade shows unknown firmware type.image.png

Best Regards.

ML111

ML111
Associate III

Hello @MM..1 

I tried changing the PC and got the following results.c0628699b765ad88020ab2c4bf434f7.png4487cc232f7ac0229c7754b38f7799a.png424878ae801129843707adcdc54739e.pnga975c391652b893f54d2e01f9dd6481.png

Hmm try remove jumper ST-LINK pwr on nucleo and connect only STlink. After open upgrade window click Open in update mode. When requested disconnect and reconnect USB. Check if version show and upgrade ...

How is your OS? Too fw v 255 is ugly.